Something for the weekend!!

30/03/2013

The Mr. has developed a certain knack for baking, far surpassing my skills. He is the king of Lemon Meringue Pie, and as this is good enough to eat (a lot of) I have decided to share it with you. The perfect Easter Recipe - yellow, white and just gorgeous.



YOU'll need:

Pastry: 
2 cups of flour,
3 teaspoons of icing sugar
140g butter
2 tablespoons of water
1 egg yolk
*Mix everything, get it to connect and then add the egg yolk last.
*200 degrees celcius- blind bake for 10 mins & bake 10 mins

Lemon Curd:
1/2 cup of cornflower
3/4 cup of sugar
1 1/4 cup of water
1/2 cup of lemon juice (we use freshly squeezed)
3 egg yolks
60g butter
2 teaspoons grated lemonpeel
*Mix the water, sugar and cornflower with the lemon juice, over medium heat. Keep stirring till a thick paste. Take of the heat, add butter & lemon rind. Then add the 3 egg yolks, mix it in, and leave to cool.

Meringue:
4 egg whites
1/2 cup of sugar
*Whisk eggwhites until white and glossy, and then add the sugar.
*Layer the cake (pastry, lemoncurd, meringue)
*Put in the oven 200 degrees celsius and bake until the peaks go slightly golden. Leave to set and cool.

ENJOY!!! This recipe is the perfect one for a hyggelig afternoon indulging! And do share how yours turned out.

13 comments:

  1. Yummi, dear Anya, that´s what I like.

    HAPPY EASTER


    Amalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anya, I love lemon meringue pie and this looks sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously it is the best one I have ever tasted:)

      Delete
  3. stunnig photograph, Anya!!! (I do not see the credit for it, so I assume this is yours and i really love it!) and the recipe looks delicious... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sweets it is my photography - thanks for the sweet comment:)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful!! Happy Easter my dear! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks amazing! I need to try it... or make him slave away in the kitchen for us next time we visit! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes make him slave away - he loves doing it right ;-)

      Delete
  6. loved all your Easter posts, hope you had fun today. The cake looks so fluffy and pretty, I love your photo of it with the little daffidol to decorate!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, I love meringue :) yum! will give this a try. thanks for sharing xxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment - I love reading what you have to say

♡ A