PH05 lamp

20/05/2013

Another design classic from Denmark - the PH05 lamp from Poul Henningsen. I have practically grown up with this, and must admit I am loving the fresh new colour palette. Happy Monday from me - we have another bank holiday - and a bit of sunshine:)
*Henningsen grew up in a small Danish town without electricity at the turn of the century, and wanted to recreate the soft gas lighting of his youth in his electric fixtures. The PH lamp is made with tiers of reflective painted metal bands designed to evenly distribute light, and minimize glare. The PH lamp was designed to fit into various places and spaces, and within a few years of the launch, the PH lamp was used everywhere from schools, to world class public institutions and in homes across Scandinavia* 



10 comments:

  1. Definitely like this one! The new colours are great, such a shame I can't drill holes into the ceiling an quickly re-route some electric cables... ;-) Have a lovely Monday, hope the sunshine stays with you now xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the ph lamp! So cool Anya! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice. I'd take it :) happy monday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful design! Thank you for sharing the story behind it, Anya. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool doll, reminds me of a spaceship, love it :)) I hope your weekend was grand doll & wish you a stunning new week xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love a classic like that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooooooooooo lovely.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. That wooden desk is such a unique design with the concept of two people being able to be at the dest at one time. I really like that, I wish it were mine. :) Happy Monday Anya,

    Shauna xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a classic style. Beautiful!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment - I love reading what you have to say

♡ A