Easy DIY

11/12/2013

Last year my dear friend Tina of Traveling Mama showed me the easiest DIY to do. I enrolled the young ladies, and off we went making Christmas ornaments to make your heart sing.

All you need is:

  • Doll clay (white fine clay that doesn't need baking)
  • Bakers Twine
  • Stamps with festive motifs
  • Festive cookie cutters
  • Loads of christmas music and christmas cookies. 

All you do is roll out your clay with rolling pin - thin but not too thin. Use your cookie cutters to make the shapes you want.  Remove excess clay and with a finger make the edges even. Make a hole with a straw for the twine. Leave 24 hours to dry. Thread bakers twine through and enjoy!!
Even I could do this. It's GREAT fun. Happy Wednesday.

Anya Jensen photography

Anya Jensen photography

Anya Jensen photography

Anya Jensen photography

13 comments:

  1. They are lovely! I've made gift tags similar to these last year and it's lovely to give these with presents as they are like a little present in themselves. Love your photos! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They could be tags too, the girls loved to hang them on the tree and give as small gifts :)

      Delete
  2. So adorable. I was planning on doing something similar but went with the baking kind instead!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done you - baking kind is so much fun too - but messier I think ;)

      Delete
  3. So sweet!! I like that you don't need to bake them either, may get the materials & make some things with my girls!! Gorgeous photos. Have a lovely day doll xo

    The Dainty Dolls House

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I may try to make a few - thank you for the idea! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's super cute! plus it means something to them because they created it. gorgeous!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, who would have thought of using doll clay? Such an easy DIY! This would be a great idea to use with granddaughter when we visit at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes isn't it Kris - brilliant and very easy to do (and not that messy really)
      Ax

      Delete
  7. Completely adorable and how gorgeous to enlist help:-)) Perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment - I love reading what you have to say

♡ A