Grød - a place for porridge

04/03/2014

I had heard about cool urban hangout GRØD (porridge) before, so when my lovely friend Birgitte, of blog 'A dusty olive green' suggested we met there , it was cool with me.



We decided on the original store in Nørrebro (North Copenhagen) and I must admit it was cozy to say the least: The door was closed and it was like walking into a sauna to be honest. They make their porridge on site, and the condensation was running down the windows. 



The place is small with one long table for sharing, and 2 small tables on the side. The menu is - well porridge in all shapes and sizes, and the dinner menu consists of risottos and porridge like dishes. They also have a lovely cookbook, and lots of seeds, oats and nuts for you to experiment at home.



I opted for porridge (oats with full fat milk and water) with blood orange segments, walnuts and blackberry sugar. It was delish and the portions huge. I liked it, and could eat it because it was 10 am. Had it been later in the day I might not have been too keen. However priced at 8.5$ it was good value for money. Birgitte had the porridge with dulce leche, almonds and apple, which she said was nice but very sweet.



So all in all an OK experience, the staff was nice, but the place was simply too humid and small for my liking. Would I go back?? Maybe to their city site in Torvehallerne for breakfast :)

GRØD by Anya Jensen photography

GRØD by Anya Jensen photography

GRØD by Anya Jensen photography

GRØD by Anya Jensen photography
I have been offered a job at the photographers studio (remember I worked there in November) - so from now on I am a full time photographer :) Yay what a hoot. So do watch this space for more images from me, and lets see if my photography takes a different angle!

GRØD APS,
JÆGERSBORGGADE 50 KLD TV
2200 KBH N
info@groed.com





22 comments:

  1. Hahahaha :-)

    CONGRATS on the job!! Can't wait to hear more!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja ha ha - ved godt hvorfro du griner :-)
      Og tak ja nu er jeg started - så ser vi - knus Ax

      Delete
  2. wow, looks delicious. now I know what to have for breakfast :) and congratulations on the job xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Petra, and yes a must have for brekkie - but not lunch nor dinner (for me that is:)

      Delete
  3. Looks wonderful doll, very cool place. Happy Tuesday x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the (new) job offer. You'll do wonders and they're lucky to have you back.
    Keeping fingers crossed for a wonderful time there.
    Teresa

    I love porridge. In have some - that seems pretty meh after the description of your and your friend's - every morning because I learned it was good for my stomach problems... I might start daring a bit more after your suggestions and though the atmosphere might lack something the idea is so brilliant - we don't have nothing of the kind - I believe creativity decreases when you start coming down in Europe ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teresa - it's great and i love it there :)
      And these guys do wonders with porridge. How we always eat it here is with mashed banana, oats, rice milk and a bit of cinnamon - YUM it's almost like dessert - maybe I should post this sometimes. Happy day to you xx

      Delete
  5. However it looks yummy:-) I love a good porridge for breakfast in wintertime but a steamy hot place is not ideal, I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the porridge - would be great in the summer when they have tables outside - winter = sauna :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on the job Anya! That is awesome. The porridge looks so good. Better than any porridge I've seen. HaHaHa Awww, humidity! Not good. I hate when a place is like that. It looks so comfy & cozy.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delish - but not so fond of humidity - unless I'm in the tropics ha ha

      Delete
  8. Congratulations on your new gig. I bet you will be good at it and love it too.

    Quaint place...I like it and porridge sounds an awful lot like our oatmeal. A nice and hearty meal. I love cooked oats with dried fruit, brown sugar and a dot of butter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris it is very exciting with new beginnings - a bit hectic but so great :)

      Delete
  9. I like the fact you write as it is in the article, no sugar coating here. And yay for the job, Anya. This is the best news! You are such a talented photographer. Happy to hear you are happy! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured it's better to tell it like it is - would love to be a restaurant/travel critic :-)

      Delete
  10. What!!! Anya! I am so thrilled for you! I was just telling my husband that I am so sick of my pictures. After a few years of taking pictures, they all look the same to me. He was saying that it's hard to re-invent oneself as a photographer. But you- your pictures are always so stunning and beautiful. They are never exactly alike and the style is what I would describe as Bohemian, classic, chic. I just love your pictures. And to top it off, you have a lovely spirit. Thank you for being my friend. Love always and the best of luck,

    Shauna xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWWW thank you sweets - but do go and find pictures, picture styles you like the look at and try and make them your own, find your own style. Your pictures are lovely already though Shauna :)

      Delete
  11. Big Grød fan here :) I can recommend stopping at Grød in Torvehallerne while it's cold out - it's wonderful walking around the city when you're full of hot porridge!

    Congratulations on your new job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will go there for sure - work around the corner :)

      Delete
  12. Yay.. congrats on the job. I look forward to hearing more...

    I LOVE porridge.. you heard it here first. I can imagine the steamy place but give me an exclusive porridge place and I'm sold!!
    BTW, I do eat Porridge after 10 am too, sometimes as comfort food in the winter xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too - when you visit CPH I'll take you for breakfast - after 10 am :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment - I love reading what you have to say

♡ A