Urban Alice {in Wonderland}

10/03/2014

In Denmark we celebrate Fastelavn (a medieval tradition that celebrates the beginning of Lent) and as usual the girls dressed up. Audrey as a porcelain doll, and Holly as Spidergirl. I usually take pictures of them in costume, and I have taken some this year too that I was about to share, but on our way home we came across a puddle and I immediately stopped in my tracks. You see - it was perfection (in my eyes). Have a look and see what you think.
Happy Monday folks!!





PS: the story actually unfolded like this: a (very young) damsel in distress - and then the cool urban savior.
 - I did very little directing apart from the puddle, and had a very miffed Audrey when her shoes got wet - had to promise her a new pair soon :)

24 comments:

  1. They look precious, gorgeous pictures!! I hope Audrey enjoy her new shoes soon :) Have a great week doll xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll get her some - she nearly outgrew these anyways :-)

      Delete
  2. Perfection indeed! That light! Super sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anya, you captured a beautiful moment! This could be in a book!!! Love what the girls are wearing and the water puddle fit in so exquisitely. Gorgeous!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim - I loved every minute of taking these ha ha - so excited :)

      Delete
  4. These are magnificent, Anya! The light and reflection is magical. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely - I love puddle shots x

      Delete
  5. Very pretty Anya, i like to hear about your traditions.. didn't know about this one! Have a lovely evening! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pictures so much. Very sweet. Love,

    Shauna xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous.... and those blonde angels.... love the idea of a porcelain doll:-)) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the contrast - A looking like a porcelain doll, amongst the raw, wet sunshine = awesome ha ha

      Delete
  8. Oh Anya, these are really really wonderful images!!!! Love love to see that and I feld in love with these!!!
    Yuna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely images, glad you had your camera with you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep always with a camera - luckily this one was the best one I have ;-)

      Delete
  10. These should hang in a gallery Anya. Just beautiful. I'm glad Audrey continued regardless of her pretty shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel - might have a few of these printed for their room :-)

      Delete
  11. Amazing photos, Anya! Both girls are so pretty. You best get Audrey a new pair of shoes soon! LOL I really like the reflection in these photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment - I love reading what you have to say

♡ A