A day of tranquility & steam!!

02/06/2014

Another highlight on our BlogTourNYC was a visit to the Aire Ancient Baths in NYC with Martha Orleanna VP of Mr. Steam, and her wife Susan. We had meet Martha the previous day at the ICFF where she had told us the benefits of steam therapy and it was intriguing me: MR Steam as a company, designs luxurious relaxing and healthy steam cabins (and more). We haven't got much yet here in Denmark in terms of steam therapy, and steam baths. Martha herself is the epitome of health , and is proof that Steam Therapy has health benefits that we could all use (it hydrates the skin, rids the body of harmful toxins, it helps relieve stress, and you come out of there feeling fresh, revitalised and warm). Living in a country that is freezing cold for almost 7 months a year, it is a great reason to get steamy if you ask me. Ms. Steam (AKA Marta) also showed us their new wellness products line -TALA made of pure Argan oil, which makes the skin glow and feels amazingly soft. 
I immediately adored Martha and her smiley, bubbly personality, and I was so excited to see her next day for our Highline walk. (another post so watch this space:)
Back to the Ancient Baths in SoHo. Most of us ladies had feared the whole swimsuit thing (you know being ladies and all), but to tell you the truth, it didn't matter at all. We had the whole place to ourselves, and from all the walking we had done the previous few days at the trade shows, this was a tonic for the body and soul. The place was candlelit and the waters amazingly soothing. First we got in to the pool with body temperature water, then very hot water, freezing pools x 2, and into the steam room, where - at first - I couldn't breathe, but that lasted a mere 10 seconds, and then it was bliss. The body relaxed, the mind drifted, some of us chatted away, others relaxed in their own little Worlds. We then freshened up in the cleansing salt bath, finishing off in the massage pool, with amazing choppy waters. When we came out, we were all rosy cheeked and very relaxed. (we weren't allowed to take pictures inside) (which I'm also grateful for ha ha) so these are from the foyer. Have a look here for the real deal.



I loved it all. Loved every single moment. So thanks a million Martha & Co - you're wonderful and I do hope our paths cross again. And also a huge thanks to Aire Ancient Baths and Modenus for making all of this possible xox











15 comments:

  1. Oh, it sounds amazing. I have been dreaming of something like this for the past 100 years (or something like that hahahah). I have to find a day soon where I can treat myself to a spa experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you should do it - I love the Spa and this one was one of the best I have ever been too (THE best actually:) TAK søde Birgitte xxx

      Delete
  2. This sounds really wonderful, would have loved that :))) Happy Monday my dear, I hope you have a gorgeous new week :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doll, it was great :-) Happy Monday back to you sweetness x

      Delete
  3. It sounds so wonderful and the place looks amazing! Steam baths are very popular in Russia and, after moving countries, I really miss this treat. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know - Sauna's were popular here in the 70's and they used to throw water on it for steam. We don't have many left, but most public swimming pools have a sauna there. Not entirely the same though:)

      Delete
  4. There are so many benefits to steaming. Glad you did it Anya! What a gorgeous place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm beginning to realise that now Kim - fab stuff .)

      Delete
  5. I had a spa experience in Victoria, British Columbia once. A friend set me up with the same type of steam bath. It was so relaxing I felt like I could barely walk because I was so relaxed. LOL. I even purchased some of their bath salts which are heavenly! Glad you had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohh it was zoo relaxing and felt like a tonic for the body and soul.
      Happy day xx

      Delete
  6. I bet they loved you too. And they not even knew you could take pictures that made us feel like we're there. I can even smell the place and hear Martha laughter.
    Thank you for sharing,
    Teresa (going through it another time as there are some details I absolutely love and crave on the space decor)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) Yes Martha's laughter was great. And the place just looked amazing, and it photographed very well. Loved the interiors as much as the actual spa. Chandeliers were insanely cool:)

      Delete
  7. Martha is just the best!!! Glad you had a wonderful time at #BlogTourNYC but then who hasn't right?
    Great photos lovely. Your blog is looking fab xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she is, and yes we had a marvellous time with the cool #BlogTourNYC crew. And thanks for the sweet words about my blog - HUGS Axxx

      Delete
  8. It was a good day and you captured it beautifully, Anya!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment - I love reading what you have to say

♡ A