styled

27/06/2014

I was lucky to attend a bit of the Meet the Blogger Masterclass a few weekends ago in Copenhagen. The bit I attended was taught by the very talented Dutch interior blogger Wendy van Woudenberg from Beeldsteil. My BFF Tina and her Husband Jack Fussell from Traveling Mama/Flying House were also teachers, and I know their presentation was King. Anyways Wendy was not only mega talented but also very very nice. We very lucky to 'play' around in the VIPP showroom in Copenhagen, and that in itself was a pleasure. Their products are so cool.
Those of you who know me also know that I have wanted to take a styling masterclass for awhile, so here a a few vignettes that Wendy styled:

And these ones I did - very quickly I might add - with only flowers as props.

One thing I did learn though, is that overthinking the project is not needed. I usually do try and overcomplicate things,  but Wendy did say she liked to scatter a few leaves, or seeds, or crumbs everywhere, and rip the bread not clean cut, - just to make it look less clinical. She also said she liked to encompass a personal element, be it a vintage knife, a favourite photograph or piece of jewellery to make the vignette mean something.
I will be practising more, and will share my progress here on the blog. This was literally just the amuse-bouche.
HAPPY WEEKEND LOVELY PEEPS - there is still time to enter my GIVEAWAY here.

8 comments:

  1. Looks and sounds fantastic doll, love flowers and I can't wait to see your progress here too :)) I hope you have a great weekend :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kizzy, I need to progress so I too look forward to the results:)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great day. It's very hard to style in that sort of environment, it feels quite pressured and you never have a lot of time, but I think your vignettes work out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hollie -I also think you'll be better of trying it at home, but still nice to get the inspiration :)

      Delete
  3. looks great. lucky you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours came out beautiful! I love the advice she gave. Clinical looks are never good. Relax and just go with your instincts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right great advice - you never think of it like that :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment - I love reading what you have to say

♡ A