Vintage NYC

13/06/2014

When I was in NYC with the BlogTourNYC team, we were out and about walking a lot. On our way to a tradeshow, we came across the stables for the horses you can hire with their carriage in Central park. They were being fed and watered, and I naturally had to stop in my tracks to get a few images. I loved the contrast of the Old & New  New York with the amazing skyscrapers, old buildings and horse carriages. Poetic I think! 
Happy Weekend my friends.
Anya Jensen Photography

Anya Jensen Photography
Anya Jensen Photography
Anya Jensen Photography
Anya Jensen Photography ©

6 comments:

  1. I love these, such a great way to see the city!! Am glad the horses are well taken care of too. It would be perfect to ride in one of these during the summer time. Have a gorgeous weekend doll xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these horses and yes I also feel sorry for them carting people around come rain or shine, but it looked like they were ok, and the chaps looked after them nicely. Made me feel better for them :)
      Happy Sunday xx

      Delete
  2. So glad they're being taken care of properly. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A couple of months ago, Mayor De Blasio, New York's Mayor was trying to get carriage rides banned but has since changed his mind. I guess this has been a tradition for 150 years or so. I always feel sad for the horses...I hope they are taking good care of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely pics. so nostalgic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. Finding ideas to write about is one of the hardest things about running a blog. Please visit https://goo.gl/HDxP7z

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment - I love reading what you have to say

♡ A