Blog-hop

08/09/2014

Hello everyone, hope you had a great weekend. I am doing a Blog-hop today, which is something I haven't done before. I thought it would be interesting to meet a few new people by hopping around the blogsphere, and also share some of the reasons why I have decided to create this little corner on the Web.

My lovely friend Carole nominated me. She is a fantastic French lady who lives in London with her family. Mademoiselle Poirot (her real name I might add) has a stunning blog, and she is brilliant at styling, baking, cooking and photography. I had the pleasure of meeting her twice - first time in London at MTB 2013, where we got on like a house on fire, and 2nd time on Blogtour NYC where we explored everything together.

Anyways - back to business, the blog-hop: I was asked to answer 4 questions, so here we go:

WHY DO I WRITE?

Why do I write? Well I was the official bookworm as a child, read when I was 5, and literally everything I could get my hands on. Spelling and languages were my thing (numbers my nemesis) and I loved the stories one could create. I wrote a lot. I always fancied being a journalist, but ended up in Drama-school instead. So after I quit my insurance job in 2012, I decided to share the things I found interesting on the internet, and started my blog. I write about the things I see, the places I've been, and things I think are interesting for my readers. The blog has also become my online portfolio. I adore my little corner on the web.



WHAT AM I WORKING ON?

Before I started the blog I took loads of pictures, but they were all neatly stored on the computer - no-one knew and no-one saw them. The blog has made me believe that the stuff I do is good enough, and my photography has risen to a completely different level. I am beginning to accept styling & photography jobs, and I'm working on my own photography webpage where people can find me and book me directly.  I also have a CRAZY exciting project I'm working on at the moment - it's very hush hush at the moment, but trust me you'll be the first to know if it takes off.



HOW DOES IT DIFFER FROM OTHERS IN ITS GENRE?

I tend to think that my blog is a bit different, because I share quite a bit of stuff from my own family, as well as all the things we do. We have explored many parts of this country, and are now working our way abroad. I also think my sense of humour plays a big part in what I write - at times cheeky, but when people meet me, I think the personality fits with how they imagined. The lifestyle and interior posts are also true to my style and aesthetics, so I think you can always find something you'd like.




WHAT IS MY WRITING PROCESS?

As I'm all about images, I tend to have them first and then figure out what to write secondarily.  Once I start though, the words just keep spilling out. Admittedly I am not one for long long pages of writing, more your quirky tips and musings that you can digest easily. I admire people who can write write, but me - I'll be the one writing blogs or articles for magazines, not thick books.....




Hope you enjoyed my little Blog-hop. And now to the 2 people I have to nominate.

My first nominee is my sweet friend Birgitte from A dusty olive green. I met Birgitte at a blogger conference, and adored her  beautiful photography. We met for a coffee in Copenhagen, and couldn't stop chatting (still haven't stopped). Not only did we grow up almost in the same neighbourhood, we share a similar passion for photography and blogging. Birgitte lives in Florence / Italy, and shares her tips of where to go in Italy as well as Copenhagen. 


Second nominee is the lovely Kizzy from The Dainty dolls house. Kizzy's blog was one of the first ones I followed, because Kizzy has a Universe filled with beautiful things, and she shares all the things that makes her heart sing. Not only has Kizzy got her own fabulous style, she shares her thoughts on life, and I love going to her blog for a little dose of happiness every day. 

24 comments:

  1. Very you, very nice read, as usual, Anya. Excited to hear about a new project possibly coming up. You deserve it all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nomination! It's an honor! Loved your answers. They are spot on and that is one of the reasons why I love your blog. There is no difference between Blog Anya and Real life Anya. You are just you :-) Looking forward to continuing chatting at Christmas :-) Ciao from Florence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TAK søde Birgitte - look forward to chatting at Xmas :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely to have stumbled upon your blog via Carole's. I've been reading hers and admiring her photography for over a year now. It's great to know more about you the first time I visited. Have a lovely week :)

    Chinwags and Tittle-Tattles
    msmadge.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - Carole is great and very talented :))

      Delete
  4. Wonderful to learn a little bit more about YOU and, of course, such a pleasure to browse the photos! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ARGH! My comment has just disappeared!!! So, as I was saying, it's so nice to find out more about why you write and the other bits we haven't spoken about when we met. I love those pics of the girls and look forward to finding out about THAT project ;-) Have a lovely start to the week and I hope it won't get too chilly too quickly xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love - and yes lots of things in the pipeline :)

      Delete
  6. Loved reading more about your creative thought process and life. I'm with you on letting the images take centre stage. And your images definitely do. Greetings from Italy! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Jillian - yes I always have a love for the visuals :) Happy day to you sweets,
      Ax

      Delete
  7. This is an excellent way of connecting with others Anya! I know both Kizzy & Carole and they are awesome bloggers. I always admire your pictures Anya. The moments you capture are always beautiful. I wish you continued success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely Kim - happy day to you xxx

      Delete
  8. I love reading more about you. you should do this more often :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'll have to do a bit more sharing of my thoughts - sharing is caring you as you know :))

      Delete
  9. This was wonderful and I love your pictures, so gorgeous. It will be a pleasure to join in, thank you again for putting me forward :)) I hope your week has started off beautifully :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Kizzy, look forward to your answers x

      Delete
  10. I really enjoyed reading this! You take the most beautiful photos and it's so nice to step into your world and see what it is that you adore. I can't wait to see what you've got cooking! xx Mel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful to read more about why you blog and your process, Anya! I totally agree that who you are here and in real life are the very same! I can't wait to hear more about your upcoming project, it sounds so exciting... Now off to check out Kizzy's blog, because I don't know it yet. bisous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The project is exciting indeed :) Happy day Judith x

      Delete
  12. Dear Anya,

    whow, that´s so nice to see/read and yes, you are the same person in real life! It was a big fun meeting you in Copenhagen.

    Big Hugs

    Amalie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment - I love reading what you have to say

♡ A