Sommermælk and Organic cows

05/09/2014

I was lucky enough to attend an amazing Blogger event at the DOME OF VISONS hosted by Økologisk landsforening, and it was all about MILK and the eco cows that produced it. Us Danes are fond of buying organic produce, and these guys would like that we bought more.

I found the discussion so interesting - we talked about WHY we should support the Organic Farmers, and WHY Organic is better.

A few of the things that brought it home for me were: Not only is it much better for the environment; Eco-cows eat organic produce, and as no pesticides are used on the fields (= cleaner groundwater) Those fields have 30% more wildlife and plants, than the average field.  The cows also go outside and eat grass all Summer (from April - November), making the milk taste fresh and delicious - hence the name #Sommermælk (Summermilk).

We were spoilt rotten by the clever chef Brian Mondrup and his team, who had prepared the best of the best of organic produce, and we got to wash it down with the white stuff. I've never drunk as much milk as I did this evening, and it was absolutely delicious.

Here are a few images from the event:
Anya Jensen Photography - #Sommermælk 2014
Bloggers galore, The Dome of visions and Birgitte Nygaard from Økologisk Landsforening
Celeriac Mousse with Edible flowers and Parmesan cheese
Dehydrated carrots with chervil and liquorice dust - served with creamy mayo
Anya Jensen Photography - #Sommermælk 2014
Crispy malt bread with organic blue cheese, fresh Thyme & edible flowers 
The Dome of Visions - at night

What is your opinion on organic produce? Do you buy organic? Is it normal in your country to buy organic? As a family we try to do our best to buy organic where we can, but it's not always possible, nor affordable. But we like to try - and every little step helps - the more people who buy organic - the cheaper it would get....

8 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, this looks perfect!! I love organic and I think it's a great way to help the earth and people. I feel there is too much artificial stuff being put into foods and sprayed on growing foods and its not good for anyone. I'd love to see organic foods bought more, not only for health reasons but also price too. It's what we all need :)) Happy day doll, i hope you are well. I didn't get an email, not sure if it went through :((( But, thank you so much for the wishes on my blog, so kind of you :))) <3333

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kizzy - I also believe that we need to try and help the Earth and by that helping ourselves too. Organic stuff can be very expensive (particularly the meat) but we do try our best :) I sent you a mess on FB now :)) Happy Birthday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a great event. lucky you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Petra - I really enjoyed the event .))
      Happy weekend
      Axx

      Delete
  4. I try to buy local (freshness + support of local farmers) and some organic products. I would love to buy all organic but it can be very expensive if bought in stores. However, it's MUCH better for you. You can also taste the difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can taste the difference Kim, and I too would like the price point not to be an issue and then I think many people would switch :)

      Delete
  5. While it can be expensive to purchase organic, I think it is better not only for the environment but people too. I hadn't noticed but I read recently that most organic vegetables and fruits are smaller than the regular ones. So, when I was in the supermarket, I checked the size of the vegetables and fruits and found that it was true! It's true, you never know what you are eating anymore with all the additives and pesticides they use in growing vegetables and fruits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's also part of it I think. People want food that looks appetising, and I too find that the non-organic produce sometimes look better (and of course larger) than organic. But we just have to remember WHY that is :))

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment - I love reading what you have to say

♡ A