Halloween in TIVOLI

31/10/2014

One of our adopted traditions here in Denmark is Halloween. We love the whole thing, and go all in - but with a specifically eerie theme. Kids all dress up in ghoulish costumes, go trick or treating ,and the shops are having a ball selling spiders, cobweb, pumpkins galore. One of our favourite places to go in Copenhagen is Tivoli Gardens. Many think it 'just' an amusement park, but it's far more than that. It's an amazing garden filled to the brim with flowers, restaurants and a place for adult and kids alike to go and enjoy themselves. Now they open for Halloween, and if you fancy seeing Halloween decorations - like you've never seen before, I recommend going there. Happy Halloween everyone, I apologise in advance for the many dressed up pics of the girls I will no doubt share on Instagram - follow me here.
Anya Jensen Photography


Anya Jensen Photography

Anya Jensen Photography

Anya Jensen Photography

Anya Jensen Photography

14 comments:

  1. Such an amazing place, I love it ;))) I hope your girls have a wonderful time my dear...Happy Halloween to you :))) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know you'd love it there kizzy

      Delete
  2. Funny Place.
    Here Halloween didn't stick. I think our Christian roots are very important and alive and being the following day All Saints' Day it kind of get lost the idea of celebrating the night before as many people travel for their hometowns to celebrate the day...
    I can't say I'm sorry. Kids still enjoy it in school and private parties and for me it never said too much; I could see it was something I wouldn't adopt as mine.
    What a Lovely Place you have. Enjoy! Have Fun and Be Safe,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know - this year it really really kicked of for the first time, and many many kids dressed up, and went trick or treating, - so it's great fun for them :)

      Delete
  3. That is really cool! I had no idea that you'd celebrate it so seriously there. It's huge here in NZ, I'm so surprised because it's not nearly as popular in Australia where we go trick or treating but here in Auckland, my neighbourhood takes it so seriously, it's one big street party with loads of scary things going on and of course treats! Mel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mel - and yes we have really embraced it here - fun :-)

      Delete
  4. My favorite Halloween post so far, I hope you win the contest on Instagram. I love you style, as I've said so many times before. You've really created a niche for photography. So many pthotos look the same and are processed the same...like mine. Hahahahahahah! But, really, I love your unique photos. They are wonderful and uplifting to look at. All my love and Happy November,

    Shauna xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh you're the sweetest - thanks Shauna xxxx

      Delete
  5. Such a perfectly spooky atmosphere - but your photography helped quite a deal to make it really tangible! I am not a big Halloween person but a bit of fun is never wrong, right? Happy new week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really spooky - and brilliant. And you know I wasn't a big Halloween fan until I had kids, now I'm all in ha ha :-)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It is - you should come visit soon xx

      Delete
  7. That looks like super fun Anya! I love it! The pictures you took are amazing.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've introduced us to Tivoli Gardens before and I was amazed at its beauty!
    This is gorgeous. I know I'm colourliving BUT your B/W image of the carousel on IG was breathtaking.
    Beautiful images lovely.
    How is your photography job going?
    Sorry, don't really do Halloween (no kids:-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment - I love reading what you have to say

♡ A