Family baking day

10/12/2014

Another one of the Traditions from my childhood has now become a Tradition we do with our children. The Big Bake day - where we bake the traditional Danish Christmas cookies. My Father is more than excellent in the kitchen, and he took on not only my sister and I, but our 3 little girls too. It was great fun, and more than a bit of dough was eaten by my littlest. But the cookies ended up tasting just like I remember, and all of us had a lovely day.


Anya Jensen Photography & Styling


Today I will share the recipe for Vanilje Kranse (Vanilla swirls) they taste a bit like shortbread, with an almond & vanilla touch.
These are my favourite Christmas cookies:


You will need:

250 g all purpose flour
200 g soft butter
125 g sugar
125 g finely chopped almonds
1/2 a vanilla pod - you need to scrape out the seeds
1 egg


Anya Jensen Photography & Styling

This is how you do:

  1. Mix the sugar, soft butter and all purpose flour in a bowl adding the chopped almonds, and egg to soften the dough.
  2. Leave the dough in the fridge to rest and harden a bit as it makes it easier to work with.
  3. Pour the dough into a piping bag and use the star nozzle
  4. (or if you have an old fashioned meat grinder - pour through that using the star attachment)
  5. Make into small circles - and connect them at the end
  6. Place the Vanilla cookies on a baking tray lined with baking/parchment paper
  7. Bake the cookies for 6-7 minutes in the middle of the oven (200*), keeping a close eye on them as they have to be pale brown in colour
  8. ENJOY and keep any spare cookies in a cookie jar, to keep them from going soft


Hope you enjoy these as much as we do. Have a great week, and see you on Friday where I will share a family recipe - another favourite cookie of mine.



10 comments:

  1. There's nothing more wonderful in the advent period than baking with the whole family! The fun, the scents, the results - just perfection!!! Happy hump day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Igor - the christmas month is so much fun for kids - great when it is cold outside :))

      Delete
  2. hmmm, I can almost smell your cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh but you should really taste them Petra :))

      Delete
  3. These are so cute, I love it!! We made tarts the other day. Perfect my dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great!! Looks fantastic and the pictures are perfect. Love,

    Shauna xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tradition to pass on to your girls! The cookies look delicious!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really so much fun - kids liked to get into the swing of things x

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment - I love reading what you have to say

♡ A