Dressing up

16/02/2015

Every year we look forward to celebrating Fastelavn*. As per tradition we smash the living daylight out of the barrel, and go trick or treating. The children look forward to getting dressed up, and this year Audrey opted to be a circus artist - a line dancer. She has an amazing dress from Tutudumonde, and it was perfect. I naturally had to photograph her, and these are some of my favourite images.
Happy Monday folks, it has turned freezing here again, and we look forward to spring.




Fastelavn is the name for Carnival in Denmark and Norway which is either the Sunday or Monday before Ash Wednesday. Fastelavn evolved from the Roman Catholic tradition of celebrating in the days before Lent, but after Denmark became a Protestant nation, the holiday became less specifically religious. This holiday occurs seven weeks before Easter Sunday and is sometimes described as a Nordic Halloween, with children dressing up in costumes and gathering treats for the Fastelavn feast. The holiday is generally considered to be a time for children's fun and family games.

6 comments:

  1. These are wonderful...I wish I could go, it sounds marvellous :)) Enjoy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks amazing. Not only beautiful - which she is - but so theatrical and poised. Oh my.
    Perfect for the occasion.
    I don't like it but people do go out and party - Carnaval in our language - on Fat Tuesday. I never wore a costume when growing up and since I was raised in a deeply religious home Fat Tuesday meant that Lent would follow and it was hard to forget that, and I guess it ended shaping my (dis)taste for the date. When my Country started adopting the Brazilian party ways I officially give up - it's Winter here so the all show turns into an embarassing thing (for me, of course ahahah).
    I loved dressing up/masquerading my kids until they stop wanting to. Dear Daughter never wanted girly costumes so she was amazing Zorro and Cowboys ahahahah. My always elegant son was always fun to dress too because in the same year he wanted an outfit to school (a correct and within the theme asked by school) and then to play around the house or at his friends' parties he'd go something completely different (very interesting!).
    Keeping you close to my thoughts and wishing you a lovely and fun filled time,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love every shot... And the outfit... Absolutely gorgeous, Anya! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Her costume was absolutely fabulous Anya!
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful costume and photos!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment - I love reading what you have to say

♡ A