40 random facts about me

09/03/2015

My lovely blogger friend Jocelyn, shared 40 random facts about her last week, which I loved reading. Since then a few other lovely friends have joined in, and tagged me and asked me to join. I share a lot here on the blog, but usually not that much about myself, so EEEEK here it is - hope you enjoy:


One of my favourite things to do is go for a walk - with my camera and take it all in 

I long for the sun, but always sit in the shade 


I make it a priority to take my children to see as many new sights and places we can, so we are always on the go

I had keyhole heart surgery 5 years ago


I don't care what people say about me anymore. I used to - but quite frankly life is too short

I would rather have nothing and see the world, than have the world and see nothing...

I have the deepest bond with my Grandmother - she inspires me and I am her biggest fan

My place of tranquility is the sea and the meadows where we live - I always go there if I need to think

I am not very fond of snow - only from the inside, and on pictures, although I find snow beautiful and very calming


My favourite flower is Lily of the valley


I wish I had the nerve to make my photography my main business and go for it full on

I almost always wear black 

My least favourite household chore is to fold clothes

I was on my way onto the platform of the train that got bombed in London 2005. Changed my mind because I fancied a coffee and walked out

I have a crazy gut feeling and always have to follow that. The few times I haven't, things have gone horribly wrong


I find everything so super exciting, that people think I am not interested in speaking to them, because I look at everything else. all.the.time.- sorry :)


I hate swimming baths. In Denmark everyone walks around naked in the shower rooms. I am very shy


I would rather have cheese than pudding. If I must have a pudding I'd have Lemon Tart or Creme Brûlée

The most beautiful place I have ever been was Jamaica - Frenchman's cove and Rio Grande


I am sometimes shocked by how rude and uncaring other people are


My family means everything to me


I am fiercely protective of everything I love most


Last Summer I had a ruptured appendix. It has made me sicker than I ever imagined it could- still 

I started practising yoga, and was astounded how much it gave me back in terms of well-being and tranquility


I love cooking and I love food - I am a foodie


I once photographed Hugh Grant

I lived in London for 11 years. Miss it every day


I was a bit of a party gal when I lived in London 


I can't stand people touching my ears, or breathing (loudly) near me

I LOVE going to the flea market


If I could have any job in the world, I would be an antiques dealer, travelling around sourcing old stuff. And then photographing everything naturally


I feel far younger than I actually am. I wonder when I'll grow up. Hopefully never.


I love amazing films - cinematography is an incredible art form


Apparently I sound like a hamster when I sleep

I am saving up to buy an old VW camper van  and travel through Europe in it, even though I'd be more inclined to go glamping rather than camping

I have a ridiculous fear of large spiders

Gardening and growing plants make me happy and content

I would love a cat, but the Mr is wildly allergic

Some people find me harsh, and I don't suffer fools lightly

I only have a handful of true friends. But for those I'd do anything



PHEW thank you for reading this - hope we can still be friends ;-)
Happy Monday folks, we have had the most amazing sunshine and warmth this weekend, just the tonic we all needed.

And DO JOIN in - it is actually quite refreshing once it's on paper. 

32 comments:

  1. Such a great list of facts I did not know about you. Proves you're a wonderful person. But that I already knew:-) Happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Igor - it's cool once you get going, I could come up with much more although I'd probably end up boring people x

      Delete
  2. Wow! so many things I didn't know about you. (and a lot of things I did know :-)) Glæder mig til at se dig, smukke :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So lovely to read things about you I didn't know yet! The train bombing?!?!?! I share your love for Lily of the Valley and hate of spiders... :-)
    Now I'm scratching my head and wondering what I'll be writing ;-) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the train bombing - lucky me right 😊 And I loved your facts too - many I knew, many I didn't xx

      Delete
  4. So much loveliness and completeness. Loved each, found myself on most, and was surprised that you could say 540 things about yourself ahahahah when I read the title I thought "WOW, Anya. You really know yourself well."
    Last time I had to say ten about myself it left me ragged ahahahah
    But it is a sweet exercise as we learn - and end up loving ourselves a bit more - about ourselves.

    Now, I'm left wondering how hamsters sound ;)

    Take Care and THANK YOU for sharing you with us. You're always a treat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh thanks for your sweet words Teresa - and I was always told I made odd cute noises when I slept, like a tiny hamster the Mr says. Funny I think, better than snoring - I hope ;))

      Delete
  5. Such a lovely list Anya! With a lot of things I didn't know and some I did know (and that we have in common) of course. Oh and about your photography: you have the eye & talent, just GO FOR IT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh thanks Judith, I need to get the courage somewhere to go for it. Hugs and hope to see you soon x

      Delete
  6. This is such a lovely list - you are clearly fabulous but that I already knew ;) And I would love love love an old camper van (that's fixed up to my taste of course) and travel around Europe - one of my dreams too! So nice learning a little more about you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hon, I would love to own the vw van (my own version too)- would be awesome xx and ditto on the fab bit xx

      Delete
  7. I enjoyed reading this Anya. Thank you for sharing so many personal random things about yourself. Hope our paths cross again soon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Deborah, and I hope we get to meet again one day - maybe Montpellier :)

      Delete
  8. What lovely insights! It is good to learn a bit more about you (#5 is my favorite)
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes mine too - and thanks very much Amalia xx

      Delete
  9. This is lovely! Great to learn so much about you. I saw this 40-random-list on Instagram but I think the blog is the best platform to write that much ;-) I hope we will have a chance to meet one day. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ilaria, it is actually quite good to have a think and write stuff down on paper. And yes, would love to meet, hopefully in the South of France one day xx

      Delete
  10. This is so great. Love that we find out so much about each other .

    Thank you for joining in AND your photographs are brilliant.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lovely Tina - loved yours too xxx

      Delete
  11. Anya this is by far one of my favorite posts. I wish I could meet you. I've known you for a while now and I love your spirit and I always have. You are one of those people that are talented, gifted and lovely, but humble and modest. I love this so much-about you.

    My dad owned a VW camper for much of my young life. It was a great van, we traveled up and down the Pacific Coast Highway with it many summers. I have many memories of it. I hope you will be able to realize that dream. :)

    I just love you and hope you are well,

    Shauna xoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you soo much Shauna. Funny how you can 'meet' people via blogs, and just know you get on so well, even though we are miles apart. Would love to meet you too one day, maybe on the Pacific Coast Highway - I'll go for that drive :) Many hugs and much love
      Ax

      Delete
  12. Anya I truly LOVED reading this! I smiled, I frowned. Such an interesting life. You're like a playful child who has lived before. Key hole surgery? Just missing the London bombing? Wow! Your children are lucky that you're out exploring, such fun! And such a beautiful photo of you and your daughter. xx Mel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know Mel, I think this is probably the most perfect description of myself I have ever read - love it, thanks and yes I am all over the place - ha ha :)

      Delete
  13. great list. loved reading it and getting to know you better xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. These were great doll, I enjoyed them. Am so glad you went for a coffee instead...though I wish the other people had as well, such a sad and terrifying moment that was. I will never grow up, I try, but it gets boring, haha :)) Happy day doll xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes me too - it was such a sad shocking day :(
      And growing up is for adults right :)
      Have a fab day doll,
      Ax

      Delete
  15. Anya, this post was so beautiful. You have endured so many things! I admire you! You are so blessed. Your photography is so spectacular!!! You really should do it professionally. People would pay you nicely! Plus, you love it. Your pics are so professional and have such feeling to them. I always feel as if I'm there. I often wonder why you even like my blog. LOL Your love for your family always shines through.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh thanks Kim, that's exactly what I am trying to evoke in my images - a feeling of being there, or at least wanting too:)
      And I love your blog, and you :) Thank you so much xx

      Delete
  16. it´s nice to know you a bit better ;o)
    have a lovely week, with a lot of sunshine and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - and you too - hope the sun shines on your path :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment - I love reading what you have to say

♡ A