Flower explosion

20/05/2015

Those of you who know me, also know how fascinated I am with abandoned buildings and flowers. Well wasn't I in such when I stumbled upon the work of flower designer Lisa Waud. She bought 2 abandoned houses in Detroit for 500$, and the idea was to turn them into an art installation, but the idea kept growing, and is in Lisa's own words: 

“It’s a story in three parts: a house filled with flowers for one fall weekend, a deconstruction project partnering with a local company called Reclaim Detroit to reuse up to 75% of the materials in the structures, and the launching of an urban flower farm for my floral design company, pot & box”






I think it is safe to say that I am totally in love with everthing going on in these pictures. Detroit has many abandoned houses - remember this post, so I am delighted to see that someone is utilising and making use of these old derelict places. It's almost poetic that they get a new lease of life, and such a beautiful one as well. 

What do you think?? Isn't this something else.
Happy Wednesday my friends.

Original post here



6 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fantastic idea to use abandoned buildings for such art installations! I can see the same concept with plants! Great discovery, Anya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this place, I saw it the other day & I'm glad houses are being used to do this and bring awareness. I'm from Michigan where Detroit is and it does have many abandoned places, that are amazing. Love this. Happy day to you doll xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It send a message of Hope and Light.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also trying with my url.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It works it seems. So now for the comment... This would have to be one of the most interesting projects I've seen in a long time. Heart flutters! Mel xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment - I love reading what you have to say

♡ A