# Pause for harmony

08/03/2016

The other Thursday I attended the press event for Iittala & Issey Miyake collaboration called #Pause for harmony. 

The day was grey, the weather grim but that all changed when we entered the universe they had created in the flat belonging to Emil Thorup - from Handvärk. The whole flat was decked out with stunning Sakura /Cherry blossom branches, Magnolia branches, as well as the stunning porcelain and textile from the collection.

I would like to call it Scandinavia meets Japan, and I can't remember last time I saw such a beautiful harmonious collaboration. The collaboration consists of many intricate and stunning textiles from Miyake, and delicate pieces of porcelain, as well as small vases from Finnish Iittala.
Iittala & Issey Miyake collaboration called #Pause for harmony ANYA JENSEN PHOTOGRAPHY

Iittala & Issey Miyake collaboration called #Pause for harmony ANYA JENSEN PHOTOGRAPHY

Iittala & Issey Miyake collaboration called #Pause for harmony ANYA JENSEN PHOTOGRAPHY
We also witnessed a stunning tea ceremony presented by Sing tehus and finally I tasted the green tea Matcha. To be honest, it wasn't my cup of tea - no pun intended, but the ceremony was stunning and very soothing to watch.

I am absolutely certain that this collaboration will have something there for you, so please have a look here for more on the collection.
Iittala & Issey Miyake collaboration called #Pause for harmony ANYA JENSEN PHOTOGRAPHY

Iittala & Issey Miyake collaboration called #Pause for harmony ANYA JENSEN PHOTOGRAPHY
Photography - Anya Jensen photography for Anya adores design blog ©

12 comments:

  1. Amazing and stunning stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks I thought so too - LOVED it xx

      Delete
  2. The pictures are stunning. I am passionate of asian culture and this post makes me dream. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful :)
    www.ivanasworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Happy new week doll xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Doll - I loved it - stunning stuff and apartment :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful! I don't like Matcha either but there is something on Japanese Culture that makes us love it through and through and not worry or fret with the final result. It's an ongoing process not a destination, I guess.
    Thank you for sharing,
    T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matcha didn't do it for me :) ha ha

      Delete
  6. If the collection is really harmonious and beautiful so are these pictures. Thank you for these and have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The collection is exactly this gorgeous xxx

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment - I love reading what you have to say

♡ A