Spring has sprung

29/03/2016

"The spring came suddenly, bursting upon the world as a child bursts into a room, with a laugh and a shout and hands full of flowers".
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow 

Someone had posted this quote and I totally agree - this is exactly how Spring feels, and why I love it so much. I adore Spring. New beginnings everywhere you turn - pops of green, flowers, baby lambs and chicks and the blessed sun rays on my face. It is a welcome change from the cold and, - in a country like Denmark, who has long and often gruelling winters - we embrace spring with open arms.

As soon as the temperatures are on the rise, people flock to parks and playgrounds, and just love the fact that you can be outdoors for more than 15 minutes at the time. We have a wide variety of places and parks to go and enjoy.

Yesterday was Easter Bank holiday and it felt like the first day of spring. We were out and about exploring the sights of our beautiful capital. I think when you live in the city, you sometimes forget to enjoy the sights and 'tourist' attractions that are right there in front of you. Hope you had a wonderful Easter.

Photography - Anya Jensen Photography ©

8 comments:

  1. These are wonderful pictures, I so love spring and I'm happy to see it again after the dismal winter. Can't wait for more sunshine and flowers in full bloom. Marvellous. I hope you and family enjoy my dear x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kizzy, I love it when the sun finally comes out, and the rays warm your face, truly blissful :)

      Delete
  2. I live in Copenhagen but have never seen all of those flowers in one place before. Think I have to visit Esplanaden soon. Hugs Tine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all over the parks - HC Ørsteds parken as well :)
      Ax

      Delete
  3. That quote is PERFECT!
    This is my favorite time of the year... and going for a walk after Easter Sunday Lunch my favorite treat.
    Unfortunately dear daughter was recovering from a painful surgery so we stayed at home.
    We had dreadful weather for Sanctum Triduo Paschal but on Sunday it was glorious.
    Girls are so grown up and tall and gorgeous. You're a Blessed Woman, My Friend.
    Enjoy!
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hope your daughter is better now :-) Many hugs from us Axx

      Delete
  4. love those flowers! I can't wait to visit denmark!
    Xx
    Kali
    www.lovelaughexplore.com
    https://www.facebook.com/lovelaughexplore/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IF you need advice on where to go have a look on my Copenhagen Guide :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment - I love reading what you have to say

♡ A